Friday, December 7, 2007

December Wedding

Richmond in December. That is the news for the Goodnight family from Kansas. We loaded up our carry-on suitcases for three "mad dash" days of celebration back east in Virginia. Moving five people across country for a wedding is no easy feat, but we have done it and amazingly, it has been a joy. We had a layover in Minneapolis, Minnesota (I know...crazy to travel north this time of the year, but the tickets were extremely cheap). We landed in Washington, D.C. and spent the first night in Vienna, Virginia at my brother's house. Actually, Jeff and I stayed at a quaint hotel, while the kids bunked at brother's. The next day, I drove our rental car (a grand marquis we dubbed the "Cop Car"). The traffic had me white-knuckling it all the way to Richmond. I am just not use to that kind of volume. We went to the rehearsal dinner that night. The wedding was tonight and we resume travel home tomorrow. Jenna passed out programs for the ceremony. I had the pleasure of seeing my brother walk his little girl, who he has loved since he married his wife, and pass her hand to a special young man. I actually had the big lump in my throat when the processional march for the bride played. I have to say we have been extremely blessed this trip with no difficulties. My family was so loving and great. I am truly honored by all their caring and sharing. It has brought home the Christmas spirit to me this year. I feel as if Tiny Tim should now be saying, "God bless us, everyone". And I wish to the same to you and yours.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Look at you skinny girl, you look amazing!!
Glad you had such a great trip.
Love
megan

Angela said...

You look GOOD, girl! I'm glad everything went smoothly.
Hey--you and I had the "drug-dealer" car...now you've moved onto the "cop car." Too funny!
Quaint little hotel? Mmm-hmmm. I'm glad you are all home safe and sound...hope your electricity is back on.
Love, Angela