Monday, October 29, 2007

My Little Monster

It has come to my attention that my sweet, competitive, ten-year-old daughter is a complete monster. She worked on me with all of the skill of a corps of diplomats to create a blog for her. I made the stipulation that she must write at least five (count 'em FIVE) stories before she could even consider asking me again. She worked like an obsessed crack addict looking for her next fix. She had them whipped out in two days. Next my adorable, conspiring, little sneak unassumingly asked about a site meter for her blog. Not realizing where this was headed, I put one on her blog site. Now this beautiful, faerie-faced blond has the gaul to keep asking me How many hits do you have... or Gee, look at my numbers on my site meter, Mom... It is a race!!!

In actuality, Jenna is a jewel. Her creative genius leaps off the screen when you read her stories. It is amazing insight to how a young girl processes thoughts. I am very honored she is mimicking me at this point in her life. I know those days are coming to a close. Her writing skills are fast developing and I know her teachers struggle. She is so bright; she must be a real challenge to keep busy in the classroom. So check out her blog at www.kermit-froggie-girl.blogspot.com to see the world through the eyes of a future, best-selling author.

Oh, and by the way, Jenna, we now have five stories-a-piece. You better write another one!! HAHA!

2 comments:

Angela said...

All I have to say is...like mother, like daughter! :)
Great blog!
-Ang

Angela said...

P.S. Who's gonna whip out the next story??? And the picture is great!
--Ang...again